1. Please do not abuse the site or your fellow users by advertising within the site unless otherwise permitted by the site owners/admin, this includes on your profile page unless the post is set to be viewed by your followers only or any of the related pages/sites that are used directly by Travel Chit Chat (travelchitchat.com). We have commercial advertising available for purchase through banner ads, or placing an advertisement in other parts of the site. We will have the right and will enforce the rules by any means we see fit. If a fellow site member posts a question and you provide a good or service which would meet their need, it is OK for you to respond to their question soliciting your service with a brief description of your offering and contact information, provided your service is on topic and would meet their needs. You must identify yourself in the post with your representative capacity concerning the product or service that you are providing.
2. Banner advertising is available only for a single business entity under a single name, such as a single restaurant, a single hotel or a single car rental company. Multiple businesses are not eligible for the single business rate, regardless of common ownership or links to a common website.
3. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to deem a blog, a website, the name of a business or a post or any other content, web based or not, to be commercial in nature. If we deem the material to be commercial in nature, links OR ANY references in user IDs, signatures, posted messages or otherwise to that material are allowed only to current paid banner advertisers, if we deem that the poster has any connection to the material.
4. We reserve the right to delete, restrict, or modify User IDs, registrations, signature lines, or any post that in our sole discretion references a commercial entity. In general, User IDs which reference a commercial entity are not allowed unless the poster is a current paid banner advertiser.
5. Posting a post pretending to be a satisfied customer of a business with which you are involved is cause for your user ID to be disabled and your access to the site blocked.
6. Falsifying your identity with numerous postings under different names or different user id’s is cause for deletion of your postings regardless of the content.
7. Chain letters, pyramid schemes, multi-level marketing, blatant cross-posting or other solicitations are strictly prohibited.
8. This is not the appropriate place for discussion of religion or politics, although we do understand that a certain amount of talk regarding politics is inevitable.
9. By posting any message on the forum, site or directory, you expressly consent to display of your IP address. Currently not visible but could change in future without notice.
10. The purpose of this site is to discuss travel related topics. Subjects which are obviously unrelated to that topic will be removed.
11. Threads which deteriorate into pointless arguments serve no purpose and topics that are escalating into “flame wars” will be edited, closed or deleted at the moderators’ discretion.
12. Continous bumping of a topic to the top, with no significant contribution to the discussion, with the intent merely to keep the post at the top of the bulletin board, can be cause for the offending post to be removed, and/or other action to be taken.
13. Personal attacks by one member on another member, registered or not, will not be tolerated. We understand that there may be strong differences of opinion with regard to some topics. However, there is no excuse for a lack of civility or name calling among members.
15. Profanity and the posting of obscene material or of nudity will be deleted without comment.
16. The posting of copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder is prohibited. Wholesale copying and pasting of copyrighted material is not ‘fair use’ and will be deleted without comment. Please post a LINK to the material and if appropriate, a SMALL snippet of the material. We reserve the right to remove or edit material which we deem to be in violation of copyright laws, but we are under no obligation to do so.
17. By using the site, you agree that you will not post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person’s privacy or otherwise in violation of any law.
18. This is not a personals bulletin board. Do not post notes searching for romantic or other liaisons.
19. Messages seeking information with regard to illegal activities will be deleted without comment.
20. This is not English class, so we do not expect that every post will always be 100% proper English. However, please do consider your readers and if you post a long post, please try to insert paragraphs at proper intervals. Also, most internet browsers will highlight improperly spelled words. Please take a second to review your post before posting, to ensure you have used the correct word intended. If you find you have made a mistake in grammar in a post, your post is editable for a couple of hours after posting, so please do correct your mistake.
21. Duplicate posts will be removed without comment.
The Travel Chit Chat (travelchitchat.com) site may be moderated but Travel Chit Chat (travelchitchat.com) accepts no liability for legal consequences that arise from the use of this site (e.g., copyright violations, libel, slander, or other such crimes). Travel Chit Chat (travelchitchat.com) is not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, directory listing and are not responsible for the contents of any message. Travel Chit Chat (travelchitchat.com) does retain the right to remove any and all messages, directory listings, media that have been posted, for whatever reason. Under no circumstances are Travel Chit Chat (travelchitchat.com) or it’s agents to be held liable for any wrong doings that occur from the usage of the site. People that use the site are not to libel/slander nor in any other way depict a company, entity, individual or service in a false light. Should they do so, the legal consequences are theirs alone and they agree to hold harmless Travel Chit Chat (travelchitchat.com), the moderators and agents with respect to any claim based on the transmission of your message(s). Any user who feels that a posted message, media file or review is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email.
The decision of the moderators of the site with regard to any subject may not always be 100% correct. It is always 100% final. Notes discussing moderation policies will be removed without comment. Any comments which users may have with regard to moderation policies should be addressed by email or private message to any of the moderators or thru the “Contact Us” on any page on the site.
Last updated: 09/12/2020
Travel Chit Chat (travelchitchat.com) collects no personally identifying information about individuals except when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals. If for some reason a third party steals or gathers data without our knowledge or gets ahold of data the they were not supposed to have we will not be held liable for the “leaked” data. In addition, Travel Chit Chat (travelchitchat.com) may place a cookie in the browser files of a user’s computer. The cookie itself does not contain any personally identifying information although it will enable the site to relate a user’s use of the site to information that the user has specifically and knowingly provided to Travel Chit Chat (travelchitchat.com).
Travel Chit Chat (travelchitchat.com) users should be aware that when they voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., user name, E-mail address) on the site, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties. In addition IP addresses will be displayed and may result in identification of the poster.
KIDS: Be sure to ask your parents for permission before you send any information about yourself to us or anyone else over the Internet.